Designing a PCB (Printed Circuit Board) with SMT (Surface Mount Technology) components involves several steps, including:
- Make a schematic diagram of the circuit. This design will include all the components used in the circuit, with their connections.
- Create the PCB layout. Just put the components on the PCB and route the traces to connect them.
- Choose Component. They should be suitable in size, proper in distance from each other. Also, choose some components that are readily reliable and available.
- Create footprint for each component. Try to use software tools or get them from a component library.
- Place the component and Route the trace. Please follow industry-standard design rules to make sure your design is manufacturable.
- Generate Gerber. Next step is generating Gerber files. Your manufacturer need that to produce board.
- Prototype and Testing. Send the files to your manufacturer and ask for a prototype. You can test it to check how well it works. If any worry, contact your manufacturer to discuss and solve the problem.
Read More: Introduction to SMT PCB Assembly
#PCB Assembly #SMT PCB Assembly #PCB Design