- FR4 is the generic name for the epoxy fiberglass laminated dielectric used as the base for most (probably 95%) of PCBs. There are others for really cheap applications (phenolic) and some really high-dollar stuff for extreme conditions and circuits. But FR4 is the stuff of choice.
- Isola is an FR4 manufacturer.
- 370HR is their particular trademarked name and model number for their FR4.
When you place orders to PCBA factory, it is not necessary to specify the manufacturer of FR4. They often have their FR4 suppliers which have long-term cooperation in terms of cost and stable supply. Basically speaking, as a buyer, you can just consider the following factors of FR4.
- Meeting certain UL standards for flammability.
- Meeting quality standard.
These are enough to contribute good effect to the your final products.
Read More: FR4 PCB