4 Layer PCB
We have seen modifications in 4 layer PCB manufacturing over time. PCBs manufactured nowadays are different from conventional PCBs. This is because of the cost and other factors that affect the reliability and working of a PCB.
4 Layer PCB Selection Principle
Once you’ve decided on the number of layers ideal for PCB, you now have to think through the factors that make a multilayer PCB better than a single or double-layer PCB.
1. How to use PCB?
The first thing that you should consider is the usage of your PCB. Different kinds of PCBs are beneficial for different devices; also, the demands these devices will put on the PCB.
2. What Operation Frequency Is Needed?
When you’re considering all of the options, it is also essential to find what operation frequency it’ll be serving. Its parameter decides the capacity and functions of a Printed Circuit Board.
3. What is my budget?
Amongst other things, your budget and manufacturing costs of a single or double-layer PCB versus a multilayer PCB are also considerable. The prices increase as you move towards the advancements.
4. How Quickly Do I Need The PCBs?
The time to make a PCB also plays an important role. Different PCBs will take different periods to develop. The time needed to make a PCB depends upon the size of the board area.
The Benefits of The 4 Layer PCB Boards
There are many benefits of using a 4 layer PCB design, over and above it saves weight and space:
- Manufacturing procedures for multilayer PCBs result in reliable and high-quality products
- The functionality of the boards can be increased if we stack multiple layers
- A 4 layer PCB offers a higher density of assembly
- 4 layer PCBs can be manufactured in both flexible and rigid construction. But it would be best if you kept in mind that as the number of layers increases, the flexibility of the PCB decreases.
- A 4 layer PCB by their natural electrical properties offers high speed and high capacity in a smaller area or board.
- Connectors needed for many separate PCBs are eliminated or decreases. It also simplifies the construction and reduces the weight as well.
Layer PCB Specifications
|Available Color||Green, Red, Yellow, Blue, White, Black|
|Silk Screen||White, Black|
|Maximum Size||45cm X 120cm|
|Board Thickness||0.6mm,0.8mm, 1.0mm, 1.2mm, 1.6mm|
|Thickness Tolerance (t≥1.0mm)||± 10%|
|Thickness Tolerance (t<1.0mm)||± 0.1mm|
|Insulation Layer Thickness||0.075mm--5.00mm|
|Minimum PCB Track||6mil (Recommend >8mil)|
|Minimum Track / Vias Space||6mil (Recommend >8mil)|
|Minimum Pads Space||8mil|
|Min Clearance Between Traces and Through Holes||16mil|
|Minimum Silkscreen Text Size||32mil|
|Out Layer Copper Thickness||1oz(35um)|
|Inner Layer Copper Thickness||1oz(35um)|
|Drilling Hole (Mechanical)||0.3mm—6.35mm|
|Drill Diameter Tolerance (unplated)||0.05mm|
|Drill Diameter Tolerance (plated)||0.1mm|
|Outline Tolerance (Mechanical)||±0.20mm|
|Solder Mask Type||Photosensitive ink|
|SMT Min Solder Mask Width||0.25mm|
|Min Solder Mask Clearance||0.25mm|
|Solder Mask Thickness||15um|
|Surface Finish||HASL, HASL (Lead-free), ENIG.|
Get 4 Layer PCB Instant Orders From MOKO Technology
If you’re looking for a 4 layer PCB manufacturer for your device then you don’t have to worry at all, you can find PCB boards at an instant order from MOKO Technology. We manufacture the best PCBs that are reliable and offer high quality.