- PCBs of MOKO Play very important In Different Industries
- MOKO Tell you How to Look For in A PCB Rework Service Provider
- How to Choose a PCB Repair Service Provider?
- Printed Circuit Boards for LED Applications
- Where is The Differences of PCB and PCBA?
- PoP Assembly is Important Solution of Driven SMT Assembly Process
- MOKO Tell you on Significances of PCB assembly services
- What is the Advantages of Low Volume PCB Assembly?
- It is a tough job to Evaluate A PCB Manufacturer
- Why MOKO Pay more attention on multi-layer PCB ?
Flex PCB, Flexible Printed Circuit Boards
What is Flex Printed Circuit Boards?
A Flex Circuit or Flex PCB is a patterned arrangement of printed circuitry and components that utilizes flexible based material with or without flexible coverlay. These flexible electronic assemblies may be fabricated using the same components used for rigid printed circuit boards, but allowing the board to conform to a desired shape (flex) during its application.
Flexible Printed Circuits OverviewFlexible printed circuits were originally designed as a replacement for traditional wire harnesses. From early applications during World War II, to the present, growth and proliferation for flex circuits and flexible printed circuit boards continues exponentially. A flexible circuit in its purest form is a vast array of conductors bonded to a thin dielectric film. Any one of the following descriptions refers to flexible printed circuitry (FPC):
- Flex Circuits
- Flexible Printed Circuit Boards
- Flexible PCBs
As a connective device, the primary benefits of flexible circuits compared to traditional cabling and rigid boards include:
- Reduced wiring errors
- Elimination of mechanical connectors
- Unparalleled design flexibility
- Higher circuit density
- More robust operating temperature range
- Stronger signal quality
- Improved reliability and impedance control
- Size and weight reduction
Flexible PCB / Flex Printed Circuit Board Applications:
FPCBs are used widely in everyday technology and electronics in addition to high-end, complex completed components. Two of the most prominent examples of flexible circuit usage is in modern portable electronics, devices, hard disk drives and desktop printers.
Flexible circuits are also used extensively in other applications and industries including:
Highlighted manufacturing Flex PCB capabilities.
As an ISO 9001 leading prototype-to-production flexible PCB manufacturer, we have flex and rigid-flex PCB capabilities that other companies can't compete with. As your flexible circuit supplier, you will be able to build boards with line and width spacing down to 19 microns (.75 mil) and 1 mil micro vias. Consult with our flex PCB design and engineering services team to help you determine what the optimal technologies are for your project's application. We also offer extremely fast quick turn flex circuit prototyping services. View our full flexible and rigid-flex capabilities or contact us to learn more.