Single Sided PCB
Single sided PCB is the most commonly available printed circuit board. It is a PCB with only one layer of conductive material above the substrate. It is also called the single-sided PCB board.
In the 1950s, the first single circuit board was made in the USA. Simple design and cost-effective are its features. Therefore, they are still dominating the electronic market.
A single layer PCB design uses conductive and insulating layers.
In a single sided copper PCB stack up, a single conductive layer of copper lies next to a substrate.
When using such a PCB board, an electric component links to one side of the board. On the other hand, the other side of the board shows the whole etched circuit.
The stack-up design in a single layer PCB helps you to form a stronger electric circuit through layers of PCB board.
Another thing is that it helps in minimizing the circuit’s radiations.
Usually, the single sided PCB manufacturing process uses layers of conductive and non-conductive materials.
- Firstly, it is the base material of the single side board. In order to make the substrate, the manufacturer uses insulating fiberglass. As a result, it strengthens the PCB board.
- Lastly, and most importantly the substrate gives the board a sturdy and compact form. Different types of base materials make different types of single sided printed circuit board..
- There is another layer on top of the base layer (substrate). However, this layer uses a conductive material.
- Normally, a conductive layer provides a path to pass current from different parts of the single Usually, copper is used in this layer.
Different boards use copper layers of different thicknesses. The unit to measure the thickness of copper is ounces per square foot.
Single sided circuit board has many advantages. Some of them are as follows:
- Cost-effective manufacturing
- Ideal for a high volume of orders
- Perfect for using in low-density designs
- Easy to manufacture and design
- Lesser chance of manufacturing issues
- Repairing them is very easy
- Single sided PCB fabrication is common and easy to use.
1 layer PCB is very easy to use. Mostly, you can use them in simple as well as complex devices like:
- Power supplies
- Automotive relays
- LED lighting
- Equipment for packaging
- Surveillance and camera systems
- Calculators and printers
- Coffee machines
- In radios and stereos
- Vending machines
The design and manufacturing of a single layered PCB determine its cost. Usually, the single sided PCB cost depends on the following factors:
- Material for manufacturing
- The size of the PCB
- Number of layers
- The thickness of the PCB sheet
- Customize designs
MOKO Technology is your trusted, best single sided PCB manufacturer. Here, we design and manufacture single sided PCB board with a varying copper thickness (1 to 20 ounces).
Also, we use all types of finishes including:
- OSP- Organic surface protectant
- HASL- Hot air solder level
- Immersion silver, aluminum, tin plating.