Printed Circuit Board Assembly
Printed Circuit Board Assembly is a process in which a company assembles different electronic components to a circuit board. Many people confuse this process with the PCB manufacturing process. Both are entirely different processes.
Manufacturing of PCBs involves many sub-processes such as prototyping and designing. However, the assembly process is all about attaching components to the circuit boards. The Circuit board assembly process starts after the manufacturing of circuit boards.
MOKO Technology, certified by ISO9001, is a renowned name for printed circuit board assembly services. We offer SMT, THT, Wire Harness, Box Build, and BGA assembly. We has been providing our PCB manufacturing and PCB assembly services for more than 13 years.
You can take an instant quote for custom circuit board assembly ranging. It ranges from Low volume PCB to high volume PCB. Further, you can ask for prototype assembly boards. We are proficient in providing RoHS compliant and non-RoHS assembly.
Everything is assembled here under the supervision of expert engineers. If you want to launch your product and uncertain about circuit boards, our team is 24/7 ready to help you.
Below are some essential components for printed circuit assembly:
- Printed Circuit Board: It is a primary need for the assembling process.
- Basic Electronic components: You need all electronic components such as transistors, diodes, and resistors.
- Soldering Material: This material includes solder paste, solder bar, and solder wire. You also need solder performs and solder balls. Soldering flux is another important soldering material.
- Soldering Equipment: The material includes a wave soldering machine and soldering station. You also need all essential SMT and THT equipment.
- Inspection and Testing equipment: Testing material is very crucial to check the workability and reliability of the circuit board assembly.
After arranging all necessary equipment and electronic parts, start a printed circuit board assembly process.
Printed circuit board assembly companies have adopted different mounting technologies. We can categories the assembling process into two different ways. Let’s discuss them all one by one:
- Surface Mount Technology
Circuit boards contain different types of electronic components that vary in size. Surface mount technology deals with placing tiny and sensitive components such as transistors onto the circuit board.
Printed circuit board assembly companies apply this technology on tiny components and ICs. For example, MOKO Technology can mount 01005 sized components on the board. And this size is even smaller than the pencil tip.
- Thru-Hole Technology
Companies apply this technology to different plugging components. The components with wires or leads that sit on boards via plugging them through holes. Manufacturers solder the extra part of wire on the board. This technology is suitable for large components such as coils and capacitors.
As we have already mentioned that both technologies are for different components. SMT is for small components. Apply this technology to mount small-sized components to the board such as diodes.
Contrary to this, THT is for large components. You can place large components on the board using this technology such as capacitors.
Both types of technology require different types of equipment. You can place large components on the boards by hand. However, it is very difficult to place tiny components on the board manually. If you apply both types of components using machines, you will need different types of machines.
- PCB Types: Rigid, Flexible, and Rigid-Flex PCBs. MCPCBs, Ceramic PCBs, and Rogers PCBs.
- Layer Count: We can assemble 1 to 40 layers. (Or according to client requirements)
- Minimum Size: 30 mm
- Maximum Size: For Single Board 500 mm x 400 mm. For panel board 310 mm x 410 mm.
- Surface Finishes: Gold Plated, Lead or Lead-free, OSP, etc.
- Board Shape: We can assemble circular, rectangular, and any opaque shape. While choosing shape other than a rectangle, you will have to penalize PCB in an array.
- Minimum Order: You can place an order for at least 5 pieces. For further details, you can contact our team.
- Assembly Options: You can ask for THT, SMT, hybrid or both. Plus, you can go with single and double-sided placement.
- Repair & Rework: Repairing and reworking is a very difficult job. You can still contact our team for a better solution.
- SMT Production Capacity: We are capable to produce 10 million chips per day in the case of 5 SMT lines. And, 8 million per day in the case of 0402 and 0201.
- DIP Production Capacity: The company can produce 1.2 million pcs per day for 3 Production Lines.
- Lead Time: This time depends on the order. However, our usual assembly time is between 24 hours and 1 week. The time can vary on the bases of printed board assembly complexity. It might take more time for custom designs. However, we will deliver boards within the due date.
- SMT production capacity: 5 SMT Lines(10 million chips per day (0402, 0201 with 8 million per day)
- DIP production capacity: 3 Production Lines(1.2 million pcs per day)
- Enclosure assembly:3 Production Lines for enclosure assembly(Each line has 15 assemblers and 2 quality control engineers)
- Fine pitch assembly: down to 01005, 0201 size
- High accuracy placement:down to 4mil(0.1mm) pitch devices
|1||Full Automatic Screen Printer||DSP-1008||DESEN||8|
|2||SMT Machine||YG200||YAMAHA||5||5 SMT Line|
|7||Reflow Soldering||XPM820||Vitronics Soltec||3|
|8||Reflow Soldering||NS-800 Ⅱ||JT||1|
|9||Solder Paste Inspection||REAL-Z5000||REAL||1|
|10||Automatic Optical Inspection System||B486||VCTA||3|
|11||Automatic Optical Inspection System||HV-736||HEXI||5|
|14||Universal 4*48 pindrive concurrent multiprogramming system||Beehive204||ELNEC||3|
|15||Automatic Plug-In machine||XG-3000||SCIENCGO||2|
|16||Automatic wave soldering system||WS-450||JT||1||3 DIP LINE|
|17||Automatic wave sodering system||MS-450||JT||2|
Testing is the most comprehensive process for all productions. Without testing, you can’t rely on any product. Benefits of testing include:
- You can identify bugs and different faults such as short circuits. Further, you can address poor soldering, opens and other technical or functional issues.
- Component testing before starting the assembling process saves time and money. Because if you find fault after assembling the entire board. Then, you will have to repeat the assembling process again and again.
- Testing small assemblies and components is very easy as compared to test the complete product. First of all, we perform component testing to check the quality and workability of components. After performing the quality check, we start the assembling process.
Each circuit board passes through a complete testing mechanism. The testing processes include in-circuit testing and 100% functional testing. Further, we look at calibration/ adjustment, parameter setting, optoelectronic assembly controls.
Here are 5 major testing process of MOKO Technology.
- Incoming article inspection
- In-process quality control
- Assembly complete function aging testing
- First article inspection
- Out-of box audits
In addition to this, MOKO performs automated optical inspection and automated X-ray inspection on demands. MOKO is famous for its high-quality printed circuit board assembly services. Besides visual inspection, we are capable of automated inspection.
|Single/Double Side||4 Layer||6 Layer||Over 8 Layer||HDI|
|Sample Lead Time(Normal)||2-3 days||5-6 days||7-8 days||10-12 days||15 days|
|Sample Lead Time(Fastest)||24-48 hours||4 days||6 days||6-7 days||12days|
|Mass Production Lead Time(First Batch)||6-7 days||8-10 days||13-15 days||16 days||20 days|